Elucidating the effects of a prehabilitation program on spinal surgery candidates with cardiac comorbidities: A randomized controlled trial
• A randomized, controlled clinical trial to determine the effects of a physical activity and education-based program pre-operatively on spinal surgery candidates with 3, or more cardiac risk factors.
• Collaboration with Dr. Robert Stevenson (Cardiology, Saint John Regional Hospital)
Effects of Intra-Operative Ropivacaine® Epidural Injection on Post-Operative Outcomes Following Elective Lumbar Fusion: A double blinded randomized controlled trial
• A double blinded, randomized controlled trial to test the efficacy of an intra-operative injection of Ropivacaine® on post-operative pain management.
• Collaboration with Dr. Adesanya Tolulope Alugo (Pain Management, Saint John Regional Hospital)
REGENETEN Global RCT Study- Resorbable collagen implant Augmentation In Surgical Repair of the rotator cuff
• A Prospective, Multi-center, Randomized Controlled Study to Evaluate the Safety and Efficacy of ARCR augmented with REGENETEN™ Bioinductive Implant System in Full-thickness Tears (large or massive) Repair versus ARCR alone
• Collaboration with Dr. Brendan Sheehan (Saint John Orthopaedics)
The Effects of Preoperative Carbohydrate Loading in Elderly Patients Undergoing Orthopaedic Spine Surgery
• An ambispective clinical trial to determine if preoperative carbohydrate loading provides benefits to elderly patients through decreasing length of stay in hospital and reducing perioperative patient adverse events, when undergoing spine surgeries.